Anyone have a records management policy or ideas about such a policy to
share? I've collected lots of info from the VSARA site which is useful, but
also overwhelming when starting from scratch. I'm feeling the need to get
all town officers on board about how we handle records, paper and
electronic. Of particular concern are how we manage correspondence between
officers and making sure records remain within the office so that they are
properly available as public record. The increasing use of e-mail and folks
taking work home is leaving me feeling out of control of the very thing I'm
responsible for! I figure an overall policy encompassing all records would
be a great tool and help correct any bad practices without singling anyone
out.

Thank you! Sally

--
Sally Hoyler