I tell attorneys that I won't keep track of that for them.  But, if they
note it in their cover letter, and then later when they send the discharge
and a copy of the cover letter that said we already received the fee, I will
take them for their word.

Cassandra J. Barbeau
Assistant Town Clerk
Bennington, VT  05201
(802) 442-1043
mailto:[log in to unmask]

find us on the web at

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Linda Lemay-Richard
  Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:48 PM
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: Recording

  Lately when I receive documents to be recorded it will have extra money
for future recorded documents from attorney's.  I don't mind doing this once
in a blue moon but it seems to be happening more and more and now I have an
outstanding Mylar along with other discharges to keep track of.  I wanted to
know what other Town's do in this situation?  Did you set a policy saying no
prepayments on documents to be recorded or do you grin and bear it.

  Thank you.


  Asst' Town Clerk, Cabot