I tell attorneys that I won't keep track of that for them.  But, if they note it in their cover letter, and then later when they send the discharge and a copy of the cover letter that said we already received the fee, I will take them for their word.

Cassandra J. Barbeau
Assistant Town Clerk
Bennington, VT  05201
(802) 442-1043
mailto:[log in to unmask]

find us on the web at

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Linda Lemay-Richard
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:48 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Recording

Lately when I receive documents to be recorded it will have extra money for future recorded documents from attorney’s.  I don’t mind doing this once in a blue moon but it seems to be happening more and more and now I have an outstanding Mylar along with other discharges to keep track of.  I wanted to know what other Town’s do in this situation?  Did you set a policy saying no prepayments on documents to be recorded or do you grin and bear it.


Thank you.


Asst’ Town Clerk, Cabot