I do the same as Cassandra. 


From: Bennington Town Clerk's Office <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, September 23, 2010 1:39:32 PM
Subject: Re: Recording

I tell attorneys that I won't keep track of that for them.  But, if they note it 
in their cover letter, and then later when they send the discharge and a copy of 
the cover letter that said we already received the fee, I will take them for 
their word.
Cassandra J. Barbeau 
Assistant Town Clerk 
Bennington, VT  05201 
(802) 442-1043 
mailto:[log in to unmask] 
find us on the web at 

-----Original Message-----
>From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network 
>[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Linda Lemay-Richard
>Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:48 PM
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Recording
>Lately when I receive documents to be recorded it will have extra money for 
>future recorded documents from attorney’s.  I don’t mind doing this once in a 
>blue moon but it seems to be happening more and more and now I have an 
>outstanding Mylar along with other discharges to keep track of.  I wanted to 
>know what other Town’s do in this situation?  Did you set a policy saying no 
>prepayments on documents to be recorded or do you grin and bear it.
>Thank you.
>Asst’ Town Clerk, Cabot