Anyone have a records management policy or ideas about such a policy to share? I've collected lots of info from the VSARA site which is useful, but also overwhelming when starting from scratch. I'm feeling the need to get all town officers on board about how we handle records, paper and electronic. Of particular concern are how we manage correspondence between officers and making sure records remain within the office so that they are properly available as public record. The increasing use of e-mail and folks taking work home is leaving me feeling out of control of the very thing I'm responsible for! I figure an overall policy encompassing all records would be a great tool and help correct any bad practices without singling anyone out.

Thank you! Sally

--
Sally Hoyler
Town Clerk/Treasurer