From: telenaut <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, September 20, 2010 12:52:03 PM
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Skiers are wimps!

Denis Bogan wrote on 9/20/10 12:29 PM:

Mr. parallel to the beach appeared to go way faster than could be explained by
the acceleration of gravity, and his total vertical drop on a ride of 100 yards
was no more than a few feet.

>Falling without falling. Isn’t that amazing?

Is it the same physics as allow a tacking sailboat to travel faster than the
wind speed? TEO? Nile?
Or does the added horizontal force of the wave pushing towards the beach somehow
enter into it? (I suspect not.)

--an