  Sounds like either a bad extension, an antivirus conflict or a fouled
up profile.  Oh, and it sounds like it's relatively common.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=459808&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

The infobit about creating a new profile seems to hold the most promise.

--
Andrew Hendrickson
CAS Computing Services