In my experience, upgrades do not work well for various reasons, but theoretically, a 32 bit version of the Vista or Win 7 OS can upgrade to a 32 bit version of Win7 Enterprise, and likewise with 64 bit versions.  That seems to be the essential upgrade criterion.

Carol
Carol Caldwell-Edmonds,
Enterprise Technology Services: Client Services
Manager, UVM Computing Helpline and the Computer Depot Clinic
University of Vermont
avatar by Shannon
        Edmonds
never take yourself TOO seriously...