I wouldn't touch that.
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Town of Danville
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 9:29 AM
Subject: Marriage "Covenant"

Just when you think you've heard it all..........We recently received an inquiry from a resident who "got married" the weekend before. She said they didn't actually get a marriage license, but signed a "Covenant" and wanted to get it somehow recorded in our office. I advised her that it couldn't be either kept or indexed with the Vitals, as it wasn't a legal document. The only thing I can think of is perhaps recording it in the Miscellaneous Records Book and indexing as such.

Has anyone else ever come across this, and if so, how did you handle it?

Thanks.

Sharon