Roger... solid forecast.  I like the typical La Nina pattern of southwest flow
events, and tight thermal gradient (with regard to departures) somewhere in
southern New England or northern Mid-Atlantic.  La Ninas tend to favor those
locations in the higher latitudes, so the northern tier is looking pretty good this
season...from Pacific NW through NNE.  Unlike last season, the jet stream
should remain pretty far north in the east (with a decent SE ridge) and my
fear is an over-abundance of mixed precipitation events.  I also think there's a
higher than normal chance of ice storms this winter... with a tight thermal
gradient it won't take much for surface arctic air to the north to sneak south
under warmer air being pumped in on the WSW flow aloft.

I don't really have any idea on what to expect from the NAO/AO, but given the
recent trend in the NAO (negative something like 25 of the last 30 months) I
think we will be ok.

-Scott