No, I know of too many who did not vote. As much as I marvel at the idiocy
of so many who did vote, I absolutely have no respect for those who did not
vote. Not because of some wishful thinking that their votes might have led
to different results, but because not to vote when one is able to is to spit
on the souls of those who were and are deprived the opportunity.

What happened yesterday? Yesterday my thesis was confirmed, namely, that the
average American voter is rather ignorant, if not congenitally so. They do
not pay attention to current events and they have no knowledge of history,
however recent. They do not understand economics, and they most certainly
are clueless about government.

How one could expect any president and congress to have completely turned
around the economy since 2008 boggles the mind of anyone who uses half of
their brain. Sadly, in many ways, the American electorate is like someone
who violates a restraining order: they've ignored the clear verdict of
history and will themselves suffer from the folly of their transgression.

Mind you, I expected the results. (Although, I am pleasantly surprised by
some races in New England.)

As for Charles Murray, he's a bitter old man still trying to defend a junked
bit of blather from the 1990s. When he writes that his so-called "New Elite"
is "unlikely to have even visited a factory floor, let alone worked on one,"
he reflects his unfamiliarity with this country.  The fact of the matter is
that most Americans who joined the workforce since 1990 are unlikely to have
even visited a factory floor, let alone worked on one.

Giving thanks that I live in New England,

caveat lector