Sure, what Ben wrote has a lot of truth and accuracy, but much of it
isn't new.  I don't think the electorate has ever been well informed.

I think what we saw Tuesday is the ping pong effect we are going to
continue to see as long as the two major parties try to appease their
extremists, especially if they continue to ignore the centrists.

The country is split fairly evenly between R and D, c and l, etc.  Most
of the country is in the center on most issues (genuinly so, not just by
definition) - until legislatars and administrations pay attention to the
center and make them feel like they are being looked after, the center
is going to continue to throw people out.

Case in point - I believe most of the country knows they need health
care reform and they want it.  But they don't want something crammed
down their throat, and that's exactly what they feel happened.  Whether
that is really what happened or not - I don't know, I don't care.  I do
know the Administration and Congressional leadership did a lousy job of
selling it to the mainstream American - those folks in the center who
have now taken action.  (I'm not saying Tuesday was all about healthcare
- I'm just saying the handling of the healthcare bill is an example)

My $.02 of what happened Tuesday.

Brad