Thanks for the info Craig

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Donnan
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 5:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: NEMRC compatibility question

Hello,

NEMRC is a 32-bit application.  In the past we have not supported 64-bit
operating systems due to the need for emulation modes.   Our web site
always outlines our recommendations for new computers and operating
systems, and it is recommended practice that you check with all your
software and hardware manufacturers prior to purchase of new systems for
compatibility.

We have done testing with 64 bit operating systems and are happy to say
that 64 bit Windows 7 will work with NEMRC, but we continue to prefer 32
bit operating systems.  Our prior recommendation is that if you have
64-bit Windows 7, that you run NEMRC in XP mode, only available in
Windows 7 Pro.  At this point, XP mode is an option and a fine one, but
not required in either 32 bit or 64 bit Windows.

We have yet to update our website with this information, but I wanted to
contribute to the conversation.  I expect to have the website updated
shortly.

Craig Donnan
Systems Administrator
NEMRC