That clears it up.  Thanks, everyone.

-Sam

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 7:28 AM, Chelsea Treasurer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thanks for the info Craig

-----Original Message----- From: Craig Donnan Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 5:23 PM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Re: NEMRC compatibility question
Hello,

NEMRC is a 32-bit application.  In the past we have not supported 64-bit operating systems due to the need for emulation modes.   Our web site always outlines our recommendations for new computers and operating systems, and it is recommended practice that you check with all your software and hardware manufacturers prior to purchase of new systems for compatibility.

We have done testing with 64 bit operating systems and are happy to say that 64 bit Windows 7 will work with NEMRC, but we continue to prefer 32 bit operating systems.  Our prior recommendation is that if you have 64-bit Windows 7, that you run NEMRC in XP mode, only available in Windows 7 Pro.  At this point, XP mode is an option and a fine one, but not required in either 32 bit or 64 bit Windows.

We have yet to update our website with this information, but I wanted to contribute to the conversation.  I expect to have the website updated shortly.

Craig Donnan
Systems Administrator
NEMRC