  From: Cheryl Moomey
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 12:48
  Subject: Re: Town Clerk

  There are plenty of checks and balances.  I am appointed clerk/treasurer almost ten years with two assistants.  We also have a finance director who has a bookkeeper and accounts payable clerk.  Above us is the manager..  AP clerk cuts the checks per the warning, I sign, and the bookkeeper balances the bank statements.  We cash out each night and don't leave until it balances with what we took in for the day.  Bookkeeper closes day out after we balance.  No room for error.   We have department head meetings and keep each other up on what each department is doing.  There is absolutely no apathy in this town.

  Cheryl Moomey
  Town Clerk/Treasurer
  Town of Essex
  81 Main Street