I have a report of Android mail problems as well, very similar although I've yet to get my hands on the smartphone.

Again it started a few days ago.

On Jan 26, 2011, at 2:38 PM, Russ McDonald wrote:

Thanks for confirming this behavior Jim. Do you think it might have something to do with the new mail servers' security certificate that was enabled over the weekend? The reason I'm asking is that two different staff members that came to me with problems retrieving their mail had indicated that everything had been working fine until just recently (the last few days).  The first person has a Motorola Droid and after setting it to "TLS (All certificates)" it started working again. On the other phone, a Samsung Moment, I couldn't find a setting like that and just tried TLS (if available) as part of the trouble-shooting process and it worked.

I agree that this is not the best practice, but am also aware that the UVM mail servers have only allowed encrypted passwords since sometime last summer.

Would you please update the list if you are able to shed any more light on this strange behavior.

Thanks,
-Russ