Hi VTBirders,

We've been glad to see many more counties joining the statewide birding
quest.  The North Branch Nature Center has developed a website for the
year-long event in Washington County.  In addition to using eBird, we are
accepting submissions of bird observations with our online form (see our
website), or by calling us at 229-6206.  (note: all sightings, including
call-in's, will be entered into eBird).

For the latest sightings, pictures, and more, visit
www.NorthBranchNatureCenter.org/waco

The year couldn't have started on a more exciting note, with the first bird
observed in the county being a Northern Hawk Owl (which is still present
today, the 31st of January, seen off of Three Mile Bridge Rd in the early
afternoon).  WaCo birders have been finding lots of exciting birds.  We've
tallied many winter specialties such as Northern Shrike and Rough-legged
Hawk, and found a number of species that are less common in winter, such as
American Robin and Song Sparrow.  Our total of 56 species this month
(compared with 34 in January, 2010) reflects a great effort by the many
great birders who have submitted checklists.  Thanks for your observations,
and lets keep them coming!

 - Larry

--
Larry Clarfeld