Yesterday I received a call from a  gentleman named Larry  Gianniti whose
family is in the wholesale vegetable packing business in Hartford
Conn.Although he  packs out many  things,he packs out cherry and grape
tomatoes  under the name with Tasty Tomatoes, and the logo is a  little
cherry tomato  man with a top hat. I have actually been known to eat some of
these during the winter months,but I would never admit it in public....

He is looking for suppliers. He claims  he cant anywhere near get  a
critical mass for  packaging during our growing season from his growers down
in Conn.. He packs out for Whole Foods,Stop and Shop and a couple of other
chains I didnt catch. He got my name from a newspaper columnist and he
spends a lot of time at his second home in Queechee.  He would just like to
have a  conversation  with anyone who might be interested in contract
growing. I didnt write it down,but I think  he was talking about 15-20,000
lbs a week of cherries and grapes and would be willing to come up here to
 get them up.He  washes,grades and packs.  Although he is primairily  trying
to secure cherries,he  says he would be interested in other vegetables.  We
didnt talk price,and I didnt go into it very deeply,because I figured  we
could sit down with him  and hear the whole story from the horses mouth.  We
all have been approached by some at one at one time or  another who is prone
to blowing smoke,but I think he is pretty serious. If anybody wans to
continue  to find out more,e-mail me and I would be willing to coordinate  a
meeting with him  for around the 10th of February. I dont believe it is
anything we can get involved with here at out farm because we  have a lot of
chaos already scheduled for this year, I am throwing it out to whomever
might like to meet with him and find out more about it..

Let me know

Pooh Sprague