We use a lot of knives in the field for harvest, like most everyone.  I am looking for a better way to keep knives sharp.

We use Stainless Produce Knives for cutting above ground, and the Lightweight Field Knife from Johnnies for any cutting below ground, like lettuce, cabbage, and fennel, as well as broccoli and other above ground tasks.

For sharpening the Accusharp (white with blue handle in different supply stores) works well to finish a knife, but it does not take out nicks and really does not put an edge on a dull knife without a lot of effort.  So I generally need to get out the rough stone to sharpen the knives.  That often does not happen mid season.  Are there any electric sharpeners that work well?  Or other ideas for sharpenning?

Steve

Blue Ox Farm
842 Shaker Hill Rd
Enfield, NH  03748