At the return of the retrograde pulse the pressure represents the other artery
which you will measure anyway. So why use the retrograde pulse since it doesn't
represent the artery in question?

________________________________
From: Nicole Ball <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tue, February 8, 2011 3:25:06 PM
Subject: Re: ABII question

But the question is where to take the pressure measurment...at the point of the
returning pulse (albiet retrograde) or when it returns to antegrade.?

I take it at the point of the returning pulse.

Nicole Ball, BS, RVT
President for NNEVS
Frisbie Memorial Hospital
Vascular Lab
Rochester, NH
(w) 603-692-9981

Bill Schroedter <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
02/07/2011 10:55 AM
Please respond to
UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
 To [log in to unmask]
cc
Subject Re: ABII question

Strongly agree. The directionality of flow at cuff deflation speaks to vessel
dominance in a relatively normal person, to the presence of tibial disease in an
abnormal person, and patency of the pedal arch in either. All very useful
information.

Bill Schroedter