You and every other family in America. Please get off flow net.

Christine Naughton, BS, RVT

--- On Tue, 2/22/11, Micah Ehler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Micah Ehler <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: SVU - Education Seminar @ the HIlton Crystal City
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 1:47 AM

Dear Mr. Haracznak:

Since
 you address your email directly to me with copies to "everyone else on
Flownet", I will respond in kind. It has been my persistent hope to open
 a personal line of communication with you and the SVU leadership so
that we may discuss constructive steps SVU could take in light of its
having booked its event at a hotel where
 there's an ongoing labor dispute. Instead of accepting my invitation to
 dialogue, you refused to engage. You now find it "regretful" that I
have sought alternative means to communicate. I in turn regret not
having had the chance to speak with you personally.

As I
understand from your response on Flownet, you think it's okay to
dishonor workers' calls for a boycott of their hotel because "there has
been no disruption to any meeting being held there, hotel guests
continue to arrive and depart without interruption, food and beverage
deliveries are made without any problem" and etc. In other words, so
long as the meeting isn't disturbed, let them eat cake.

That may
be enough for you and it may be enough for some of your members. But
other SVU members may feel differently, and should have the right to
know that if the decide to stay at the Hilton Crystal City hotel they
will be
spending their money at a hotel that refuses to deal fairly
with
 its workers. Some may choose to stay elsewhere; some may choose not to
spend money at the hotel; some may choose even not to come. Instead of
attacking me, you should afford SVU members the opportunity to learn
about our members' struggles and to give them the chance to choose
whether to support them in it.

I apologize if I offend some
folks' sense of decorum by posting on this listserve. Our members are
fighting to keep themselves and their families afloat. We fly their
banner without apology.