Has anyone seen a popliteal AV fistula from putting in tumescent for an EVLA
procedure? We have a patient that has had 2 negative DVT studies from 2
different techs over the past two weeks that the doc went ahead and treated for
DVT and the patient is still in pain and the red, swollen leg has not changed.
Last week when I scanned her, she had a pulsatile pop vein but it wasn't the
same pulsatility as an AV fistula in the CFV from a cardiac procedure. There was
no turbulance in the vein and I couldn't find a fistula but because of the
pulsatility and no DVT, I thought about a possible fistula. What would a small
fistula do to the flow in a pop vein? Would it be the same as in the common or
different? The doc that performed the procedure is new and was really going in
too deep during the procedure and the whole time I was thinking he was going to
hit an artery or cause a fistula. The patient is coming in tomorrow for another
follow-up DVT study....any info would be appreciated! Thanks,
Kristy Kirchofer, RVS.
Austin, Tx.