The vein has to meet size requirement w. Steep trendelberg,,, why stand them
if the you cannot do the ablation,, with a vein that is too small,, unless
you have to pull it or inject it???

Denise Levy
408 391 0837
RVT, RDMS
TCD
 On Feb 7, 2011 11:45 AM, "Schneider, Joseph R." <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> Many insurers (including BC/BS Illinois) now refuse to consider approving
treatment unless it is explicitly stated that the exam is performed in the
standing position

Claudia
> Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 12:32 PM
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Venous Reflux and ICAVL requirements
>
> Susan,
> We use a 40 degree reverse trendelenburg position. We have 15 degree
tilting beds with hydraulic head mechanisms. So we put two pillows for
comfort behind their head and then raise the head of the bed. We have
measured the angle and we get between 40 and 45 degrees by this maneuver.
Then if we have trouble with recording reflux, our protocol calls for
standing the patient and re checking the superficial veins that do not
demonstrate either good flow or reflux. If no reflux found standing...then
they do not have reflux. We have inexpensive steno chairs that allow us to
sit low or higher.
> Watch out for patients that are more symptomatic at the end of their work
day. We bring these type of patients in late in our scanning days so we can
duplicate more of their symptoms. Also we ask them to drink water for about
two hours prior so they will have better fluid hydration and increase in
their flow hemodynamics.
> Claudia

Susan
> Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 12:46 PM
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Venous Reflux and ICAVL requirements
>
> I am trying to find our how people are doing venous reflux exams these
days. The ICAVL mandates that patients must be sitting or standing to
perform the studies. Does anyone have any suggestions that do not
necessitate purchasing new equipment?