I love my multi thousand dollar table! I am very happy that our employer has
allowed us to purchase three of them and that I work in an environment that
takes our health into consideration.

-----Original Message-----
From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nancy
Williams
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 5:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Venous Reflux and ICAVL requirements

Miss Joan and Don,
This is exactly what I was talking about. No one is advocating career
ending injuries and certainly I am not making light of them. But how
about instead of recommending the impractical, like the panus sling or
the unreachable, like the multi-thousand dollar table, you recommend
shorter, tech friendly protocols. I've probably saved myself
immeasurable pain just by requesting that my difficult patients be
scanned in the afternoons-minus the compression hose for a day or two.
Or how about you teach your technologists how NOT to scan a 600 pound
patient so that their very career is in jeopardy?

And I never said or implied that anyone who doesn't agree with me is
stupid. For once though, I'd like to see an honest discourse on what
practical techniques "working" techs are using in the field without all
the drama. I think we can all add our 2cents worth without having to
"quote attack" other people. I know what I wrote. I find it very
interesting how often I am "quoted" and taken out of context in the same
thread. And while I've not had people calling me crying in agony to
discuss the end of their careers you can bet that I am the biggest
advocate my 6 technologists have. I'm proud to say that we've not had a
single career ending injury in my tenure. This may have something to do
with my common sense protocols or this could just mean my techs are
genetically blessed with a hearty constitution. Think what you will.

-----