William J. Dempsey

On Feb 7, 2011, at 10:55 AM, Bill Schroedter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Strongly agree. The directionality of flow at cuff deflation speaks to vessel dominance in a relatively normal person, to the presence of tibial disease in an abnormal person, and patency of the pedal arch in either. All very useful information.

Bill Schroedter

From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Schneider, Joseph R.
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 9:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ABII question

If the probe is pointed in the proper direction far enough from 90 degrees with respect to the axis of the artery, there should be no direction ambiguity and the observation of an inverted waveform is important information and should be retained.  I think I probably learned this from Jeff Field who taught me a lot about vascular testing when I was a young faculty person.

Joe