Tee, hee. That's the spirit! Flow net needs a little levity

From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of SC
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 3:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Venous Reflux and ICAVL requirements

"It is a tedious, labor intensive job. Name one in healthcare that
isn't."

Hospital admiministrator comes to mind. *|:-)

sc

On Feb 8, 2011, at 12:00 PM, Nancy Williams wrote:

And this is why you people are so tied up in knots. I would think you
could tell I was trying to lighten you up a little with my panus humor.
But some of you just don't seem like jovial people to me, but you know
what they say about opinions J

So  here it is- you can keep crying about injury and trying to sell us
your equipment or you can be advocates for common sense. Talk to your
doctors, talk to your patients, talk to your technologists. For God's
sake use your heads. I need another $6,500.00 ergonomic table like I
need a panus sling!

These studies should not be long and complex. You are looking for
reflux-not gold! Find your vein, map your vein, move on! You don't get
paid anymore for leaving your vertebra on the floor. Take care of your
patients and take care of yourselves. And if you're getting career
ending injuries from doing an ultrasound than you are not doing
something right. You've got to look out for yourself because it sounds
like maybe your employers are not. I am very fortunate to not have that
problem. My guys are awesome.

I am not trying to make light of on the job injuries, but to the man,
every person I've ever known who injured themselves was doing something
they knew was wrong! No matter how you slice it 140 pounds is never
going to move 600! And as far as chronic injury goes, ultrasound isn't
for everyone. It is a tedious, labor intensive job. Name one in
healthcare that isn't.