Hmm....
Here in California anyone I speak to say they get paid about the same as RDMS and no more. I would certainly use some extra bucks with my RVT credential. How do I go about negotiating with our union?
Taj

--- On Tue, 2/8/11, Kay Yost <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Kay Yost <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RVT and ARDMS....revisited
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 3:10 PM

I was catching up on the archives, and the topic of how ARDMS should possibly
change the RVT credential to RDVS or something of the sort to include
Sonographer was a hot topic.  Obviously, nothing has happened.  Are are pro
change advocates still worried about how this will affect RVTs in the future?  I
find that as an RVT, we are paid higher than most of the credentialed techs.  I
don't really have an issue with the change, but will miss the fact that we do
more than just sonography...

Kay Yost RVT
Star Valley Medical Center
Somewhere behind a mountain in Wyoming