From: UVM Flownet on behalf of Betty-Sue/Elizabeth
Sent: Wed 2/9/2011 2:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RAS and self teaching!

So the general sonographer needs some down to earth tips and tricks.  We are teaching ourselves RAS and making our own hx sheets.  yikes (doesn't even begin to cover it)  so I could use some simple answers, like: Do you do a full renal study first and then do the vasc part?  Must we include the bladder pre and postvoid?  Are the hx questions the same as on abd/renal (like hematuria? N&V? etc)Will I see the string of pearls with color or only on angio?  Oh my gosh I can go on and on. Will it always take more than an hour? Should they only be done first thing in the AM? Does gas-ex really make a difference? If I don't see the mid renal A at all can I still get some kind of diagnoses?  Well, you guys start firing them back and if you want to fax me your favorite hx sheet that would be a bonus!  248-937-5020 attn Elizabeth/Ultrasound  tanks a million