MISS Group, San Jose, CA
408-391-0837
Skype denisevascular1

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Rajani Motamarri <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Do we measure the vein diameters in rev trendelenberg or just supine? would it make a difference?

Taj

--- On Mon, 2/7/11, Denise Levy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Denise Levy <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: Re: Venous Reflux and ICAVL requirements
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, February 7, 2011, 11:30 AM

Hi, Mandated
DVT exam first,, I do it supine w head raised, double screen compressed groin to ankle.
Reverse trendelenberg steep, CFV, femoral, pop, calf, gsv and ssv.
Compress gsv and ssv.
Valsalva CFV,, rest of the vns dst aug.
Upper thigh, measure gsv has to be 5 mm or gretaer in 3 places and have 3 sec of reflux.
Check for BK reflux all vessels and look for thigh and calf perforators..
Stand the patient that are borderline size and reflux.
If they are 5 mm with severe reflux why stand them????
That is what I do at 2 private offices and 2 hosp. That I worked at submitted and are ICVAL approv ed
Denise Levy
408 391 0837
RVT, RDMS
TCD
[log in to unmask]" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]