Bill Johnson, Port Townsend, WA

Kay, yes and no. "I read it had to be in the first year as a member...??"  It has to be ordered at the first Medicare visitL IPPE)" Not necessarily the first year as a member.

"Have not been previously furnished a AAA screening under the Medicare Program"; which does not routinely pay for screening exams so this is unlikely.

I think this clearly establishes the concept that Medicare only pays for screening AAA if it is ordered during that initial visit, yes, the first year as a member, but more importantly on the INITIAL VISIT.