From: Phil White <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, February 17, 2011 7:45:17 AM
Subject: Re: Vascular Lab Test Ordering Logistics

Joel,

It would be inappropriate/illegal for anyone other than the ordering physician
to change the order.  I would suggest taking lunch to the PCP’s office and do a
lunch and learn session and educate them on the basics of vascular test
ordering.  It is a small investment into establishing a strong relationship with
the PCP’s that will pay off later. In my practice we give them a 1 page brochure
that matches the test to an approved indication.  We also let them know that
rule out’s and family history are not appropriate indications.

Contact me off of flo-net and I can send you the brochure we use.

Phil White BS RVT