Micah,
This seems to me to be a private matter and please keep it that way.

Denise Levy

cell 408-391-0837
Saratoga, CA
Ultrasound Professional Credentials
RDMS, RVT
Transcranial Doppler
MISS Group, San Jose, CA
408-391-0837
Skype denisevascular1

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Micah Ehler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Vascular Professional,

The Society for Vascular Ultrasounds 2011 Legislative, Regulatory & Reimbursement Issues Conference is being held @ the Hilton Crystal City this November 4th – 5th. The workers of the Hilton Crystal City have called for a boycott of their own hotel because they have been without a union contract since April 2006 and Columbia Sussex Corp., the current owner and operator of the Hilton, has implemented changes that have:

-       Increased the cost of health insurance
-       Increased the workload of already-overworked housekeepers
-       Failed to respect the right of long-term employees to work opportunities
-       Eliminated sick days & the union pension plan.

I have been attempting to open a dialogue with the Executive Director, Steve Haracznak, and Missy McLean, the Director of Membership & Meetings, in hopes SVU would consider honor the workers’ call for a boycott of their own hotel.

Instead of taking the lead on this issue, SVU has responded by saying it “…will not be able to find alternate meeting space in any event, even if it wanted to terminate its contract with the Hilton…” Because of SVU’s unacceptable position and apparent lack of action we are now asking those who may be attending this conference to not attend if SVU continues ignoring the workers’ call for a boycott of their own hotel.

We are also asking for the Vascular Community to contact Steve Haracznak @ 301-459-7550 and urge him to support the workers of the Hilton Crystal City by moving November’s Conference to a location that is not subject to a labor dispute.

If you would like more information on this campaign, please call Micah Ehler at 614-746-1145 and visit http://boycottcolumbiasussex.org/.

In Solidarity,
Micah Ehler
Unite HERE!