Hi Taj,

I have worksheets I can share with you. Just need a fax number to send them to, although the best bet is to get a few and use them as guides as to what you actually want to use for your lab. I have started a few labs and what I have found useful for protocols is to model the majority of what we do to the standards for ICAVL because I had always knew when starting up that ICAVL accreditation is what we were gearing ourselves toward. The SVU as others have mentioned is also a great start for standards. Their standards are quite informative. Also you will need to become registered for reimbursement purposes and because it’s the right the thing to do, if you are not already registered. ICAVL and ACR both will require this if you seek to accredit the lab. Good luck and best wishes.

Kelly

From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rajani Motamarri
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 4:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: new Lab

Hi everybody!

I am currently working in the imaging department, but will be moving to work with the vascular surgeons in the next couple of months. We will be establishing the vascular lab. Everyone at our site including the surgeons is new to this. I would appreciate any input as to what is needed as far as books, articles, manuals, or anything to follow when we start the lab. The US machine we got is the GE Logiq. I do not know about the Vascular machine- I mean which one they will be getting. Also what kind of table you would suggest?  Any worksheets, templates for routine exams, protocols, policies, maintaining standards......Oh! My mind is in a jumble mumble right now with so many questions that keep popping every minute.

Please help.

Thank you!

XOXOXO

Taj