From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ann Marie Kupinski
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 4:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: new Lab

HI,

I’d recommend checking out Davies Publishing as they have a Vascular Lab Policy & Procedure manual.  It is not cheap but it has a lot of the essentials you mentioned.  It is a good place to start as you can customize this and print your policy and procedure manual.  The SVU website, www.svunet.org,  has protocol info/practice standards.  Of course www.icavl.org has all the testing standards which should be followed.

There are a lot of good textbooks out there.  You could start on the SVU website again for some publication info.  Don’t get a cheap exam table.  Get something that is height adjustable.  Take a look at some of the ads in the journals and also some of the folks that specialize in ergonomics.

This should get you some good starting material.

Ann Marie

Steve Haracznak, Executive Director

Society for Vascular Ultrasound (SVU)

4601 Presidents Drive, Suite 260

Lanham, MD 20706-4831

Tel. 301-459-7550 / Fax: 301-459-5651

Website: www.svunet.org

SVU is the VOICE of the Vascular Ultrasound Profession since 1977

Make Plans Now to attend the 2011 SVU Annual Conference in Chicago, June 16-18, 2011