Nicole,

First, you should absolutely constantly adjust all of your PVR waveforms to be the same size as this makes them difficult/impossible to interpret (calf PVRs will be the same size or smaller than thigh PVRs when there is fem-pop disease).  I can almost always determine fem-pop disease based on PVRs alone.  Adjust the size at the beginning, and do not change it from level to level (I do make an exception with toe PPG waveforms, increasing them if they’re too small).  A reference to use for cuff size can be found in “Techniques in noninvasive Vascular Diagnosis” by Robert Daigle pg 141-142 (my version is from 2002).  (bladder size should be 20% wider than limb diameter, this a common registry question).

 Matt

From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nicole Ball
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 13:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Arterial Journals

I am putting together some ABI / Arterial QA info together and I am wondering if anyone knows of any journals on ABI with reference to cuff size (measuring width of ankle / arm to know what size cuff to use).  Also, when we do physiological waveforms we keep all the wavefoms the same size   (including the PPG), Is this the standard? Articles?

Thanks,

Nicole Ball, BS, RVT
President for NNEVS
Frisbie Memorial Hospital
Vascular Lab
Rochester, NH
(w) 603-692-9981

Go Green! Please consider the environment before printing this email.
This message and any included attachments are from Frisbie Memorial Hospital  and are intended only for the addressees. The information contained herein may include privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender by e-mail. Thank you.