A barred owl spent the day sleeping in our yard yesterday.  I opened
the back door and snapped a few quick photos before leaving it be.
Here's the best of them:

      http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/?pic=8680

Also, I wrote up a blog entry with a lot of photos of prominent
winter birds from VT & NH:

	http://northernhawkowl.com/nho/?q=node/27

This includes red-bellied woodpecker, hairy woodpecker, horned larks,
snow buntings, pilleated woodpecker, carolina wren, common redpoll,
white-breasted nuthatch, pine siskin, northern cardinal and others.
Not all birds are only winter birds, but they're birds I tend to see
either only in winters or are appearing regularly in wintes.

--julie

	this is not true.

			--Robert Wilensky