Hi VTBirders,

The Northern Hawk Owl was present again this morning, perched at the top of
a tree along River Rd (the continuation of 3 Mile Bridge Rd) near the
intersection with Terrace Ln in what I think is technically Moretown.  It
was seen at around 9:15 am.

Also, to those in the Montpelier area, the North Branch Nature Center's
winter lecture series continues with Tom Slayton's *Searching for Thoreau*.
See below for details.

Good birding,
Larry

***Searching for Thoreau: Tracking our First and Greatest Naturalist through
the Wilds of New England*
*Friday, February 11, 7:00 p.m.  **at the Unitarian Church in Montpelier *
*Donations Accepted *
**Vermont author Tom Slayton will discuss Henry David Thoreau's travels
through New England, what he was seeking, and what he learned. Places that
Thoreau visited include Mount Katahdin and the wild country of Northern
Maine, Cape Cod, New Hampshire's Mount Monadnock, Mount Washington, and
Tuckerman's Ravine, the Concord and Merrimack Rivers, and, of course, Walden
Pond. The talk is based on Slayton's 2007 book, "Searching for Thoreau,"
which recounted his own experiences following Thoreau's explorations around
the region.

For more info about other lectures in the *Naturalist Journeys* series,
visit http://www.northbranchnaturecenter.org/naturalistjourneys.html

--
Larry Clarfeld
Environmental Educator