This morning I was saddened to see that our resident rabbit,  who was living under our deck, had met his demise in the night or early a.m.   The crows were feeding.   The rabbit was clearly not frozen, the head was missing and there were NO signs of tracks in the snow (fox) or tracks ON the snow.  Me thinks this may have been the work of an owl who didn't or couldn't depart with its prey.

What would decapitate a rabbit and leave the rest?

2 Evening Grosbeaks showed up briefly yesterday at my feeder.  Nice to see.  Wish they stayed.

ruth stewart
e dorset