From: Vermont Birds [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eric Seyferth
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 5:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] burrowing birds?

I have been startled by grouse as they explode from the snow near where I am walking. Inspection of the site reveals a cavity a bit bigger than the grouse and about as deep as the bird with its neck extended with droppings in the bottom. I have also found similar unoccupied cavities with either wing marks or tracks leading from it.

Eric Seyferth

Bennington, VT