Good Morning,

Looked out of my kitchen window toward the Battenkill river and saw a large bird in a dead tree.  It looked like an Eagle which I confirmed when I was able to look at it with my Binoculars.  The dead tree is a popular resting place for red tail hawks as well as ravens.  I stepped outside to get a better look at the burd when I realized there was a second bird in the tree.  I was over 150 yards away from the birds so I tried walking down River Road to the river to get slightly closer.  I got within 125 yards of them when they took off.  One was definitely mature with the white head feathers and tail.  The other had only a few white feathers on the head and was obviously an immature bird.  They were both headed to NY.

Cheers,

Bob