The flock of Common Redpolls around my feeders here in Rochester keeps growing.  Last week, I had a dozen or so, typical of previous weeks this winter.  Then, over the weekend it went from 17 on Saturday to 61 yesterday!  This morning, my wife and I were having trouble counting, as the flock would light on the ground for a few moments, then fly up into the trees, then back again.  I knew the flock was larger than yesterday, so I took a few pictures from the house, then enlarged them on the computer.  It sure was easier to count stationary birds!  The final count from two pictures was 103.  The largest flock I have ever had.  I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

Bruce Flewelling