Oops the Rd is Governor Hunt Rd not 142.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: MARIE HEMEON<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 3:21 PM
  Subject: [VTBIRD] Fw: eBird Report - Vernon Dam lower pool , 2/24/11

  Went to Vernon to look for ducks today. In the early morning mist they were hard to ID but, patience helped. I didn't see large numbers but, there was variety. Couldn't pick out the Barrows if it was still there. Also, I couldn't figure how to get to the above dam section. Everything looked to me to be inaccessible to the public. Could someone provide instructions. A male Cardinal was singing and a RB Woodpecker was calling from the island. A Brown Creeper was working some trees along 142 with a couple of hawking Bluebirds. All under the gaze of a Red-tailed Hawk. Left to look for other things and when I stopped back quick at about 8:15, there were only the Black Ducks and 3 Golden-eyes.

  Location:     Vernon Dam lower pool
  Observation date:     2/24/11
  Number of species:     13

  American Black Duck - Anas rubripes     8
  Ring-necked Duck - Aythya collaris     2
  Greater Scaup - Aythya marila     2
  Common Goldeneye - Bucephala clangula     10
  Hooded Merganser - Lophodytes cucullatus     8
  Common Merganser - Mergus merganser     3
  Pied-billed Grebe - Podilymbus podiceps     1
  Red-tailed Hawk - Buteo jamaicensis     1
  Red-bellied Woodpecker - Melanerpes carolinus     1
  Downy Woodpecker - Picoides pubescens     1
  Brown Creeper - Certhia americana     1
  Eastern Bluebird - Sialia sialis     2
  Northern Cardinal - Cardinalis cardinalis     1

  This report was generated automatically by eBird v2(http://ebird.org/vt<http://ebird.org/vt<http://ebird.org/vt%3Chttp://ebird.org/vt>>)