wow, I like this quote:

Her subsequent fogginess and impaired balance midway through all three races did not shake confidence in their procedures, said Kyle Wilkens, United States Skiing’s medical director.

“We followed the protocol that we have established,” said Wilkens, who confirmed that Vonn was not examined by a neurologist or expert in sports-related concussion during the world championships. “We have to rely on the system.”

I wonder if they have athletes compete after injuring a knee without seeing an orthopedist or expert in skiing-related knee injuries.

Is it just me, or does this sound strange.

Mike