One of our IV therapists wants to find photographs of phlebitis to
illustrate grades 1-4.  I've looked at all our vascular / IV / wound texts,
checked the images in NursingConsult and MDConsult, and done a Google-Image
search.  I have found some images of arms and legs with angry red blotches
on them, but they are generally generically identified as "phlebitis," no
grade mentioned.  Since the difference between the grades can be pain vs no
pain, or "with or without edema," I'm thinking it's not completely
straightforward to identify them by photo.  I did find one nurse's blog with
a photo of her bruised arm calling it a grade 2, but that's about it.  Any
other ideas? Or people with access to image databanks who could look for
me?  Many thanks!

--
Julie Stielstra, MLS
Manager, Knowledge Resource Library

"Never...be mean in anything; never be false; never be cruel. Avoid those
three vices...and I can always be hopeful of you."  -- Betsy Trotwood to
David Copperfield (Charles Dickens)