2700 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48208

313-494-6905
dowmk at udmercy.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Carol Raymond
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 4:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Search Tip

I want to pass along to the list a search tip that NLM gave me.  Recently,
one of our administrators asked me to search the medical literature for
articles on "just culture", which is a organizational management
philosophy.  I tried everything I could think of, but "just" is a stop word
in PubMed and even enclosing it in quotes won't work.

I called the customer help line at NLM and they gave a work-around.  They
suggested I use the "Advanced Search" interface of Google, put "just
culture" in the "exact wording" box, and "ncbi.nlm.nih.gov" under "search
within a site or domain".  It worked like a charm.

Thanks to Margaret McGhee at NLM.

Carol Raymond, MLIS
Degnan Medical Library
Contra Costa Regional Medical Center