From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Julie Stielstra
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 9:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Uh-oh...

http://articles.courant.com/2011-02-15/health/hc-weir-watson-computer-0216-20110215_1_watson-ibm-officials-brad-rutter

Watson: from Jeopardy! to the hospital...

Disclaimer: I started watching Jeopardy in elementary school when Art
Fleming was host and my mom and I watched it when I came home for lunch.  My
life's greatest ambition was once to be a contestant.  I'm sorry, but I was
rooting for the humans.  Farewell, cruel world.

--
Julie Stielstra, MLS
Manager, Knowledge Resource Library

"Never...be mean in anything; never be false; never be cruel. Avoid those
three vices...and I can always be hopeful of you."  -- Betsy Trotwood to
David Copperfield (Charles Dickens)
This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in this message, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.