From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark Vrabel
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:08 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Uh-oh...

I watched the entire three-day event, and thought about e-mailing the list a "Chat" after the segment on Tuesday's show that talked about information overload, the need to be able to mine the ever-increasing amount of data for that which is most pertinent and useful in helping healthcare professionals make the right decisions to improve patient outcomes, etc. While the segment focused on IBM leading the way, images of Katherine Hepburn in Desk Set suddenly popped into my head.

As is usually the case with the upper echelon of Jeopardy contestants, it was pretty obvious all three contestants knew the correct answer for nearly all questions--Watson simply seemed to have an advantage of buzzing in first :)

"I for one welcome our new computer overlords" -- Ken Jennings

Mark Vrabel, MLS, AHIP, ELS
Information Resources Supervisor
Oncology Nursing Society
125 Enterprise Drive