Glad someone finally brought this up. While there may be good reasons for the
prof to be using his own book as the text, there is clearly a potential conflict
of interest issue here. If he had assigned material by another author, would he
have made this same charge? If not, then this is more complex then it might
appear at first.

And as many have said, I certainly think a warning & some education is a more
appropriate punishment for a first offense, even assuming she actually had
committed one. I don't think that one chapter rises to that level.

Barbara S. Reich, MLS, AHIP
Director, Medical Library
Samuel and Sandra Hekemian Medical Library
Hackensack University Medical Center
30 Prospect Avenue
Hackensack NJ 07601