THANK YOU!! This is a huge help, as I had the same request about a year ago, with the same initial results.

NLM, would you consider adding "just culture" to the phrase index?

Jo-Anne Aspri, MLS | LIBRARY | Kent Hospital | 455 Toll Gate Road | Warwick, RI 02886  | 401.737.7010 x1309 | jaspri AT kentri.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carol Raymond
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 4:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Search Tip

I want to pass along to the list a search tip that NLM gave me.  Recently,
one of our administrators asked me to search the medical literature for
articles on "just culture", which is a organizational management
philosophy.  I tried everything I could think of, but "just" is a stop word
in PubMed and even enclosing it in quotes won't work.

I called the customer help line at NLM and they gave a work-around.  They
suggested I use the "Advanced Search" interface of Google, put "just
culture" in the "exact wording" box, and "ncbi.nlm.nih.gov" under "search
within a site or domain".  It worked like a charm.

Thanks to Margaret McGhee at NLM.

Carol Raymond, MLIS
Degnan Medical Library
Contra Costa Regional Medical Center
Martinez, CA     94553

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the information contained in
this e-mail is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify sender by reply e-mail and