I'm interested in the hybrids.  Skis that have a moderate rocker in the
shovel (I guess some call them early rise tips) with a traditional camber
under foot and tail. Haven't skied any yet, but I figure that gives me a
little extra length and float in powder, but the ski should still perform
like any other modern ski on hardpack, given that the contact point will be
a little back from the shovel, but traditionally cambered.

I want to be able to truck in crud, something my current "phat" setup
doesn't do so well at 172, float in powder, and still be able to carve on
packed powder. Ice? Well, basically it just has to survive. If it's truly
icy, I have other skis.

I'm currently eyeing the Bluehouse Tight Shoots. Anyone have any experience
on 'em?

Benjamin D. Bloom
www.benjamindbloom.com

Facebook: http://facebook.com/benjamindbloomphoto